It's hard to think that my time as a full-time representative of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is nearing its end. I will forever be grateful for the decision I made 2 years ago to serve my Saviour. These past 2 years have been a time of much challenge and hardship. The work wasn't always successful, the weather bitterly cold, the language and culture, tough companions, being away from family and friends. You would think at the end of it all you wouldn't find joy anywhere. But it's amazing how even through all these difficulties I have experienced the most joy I've ever experienced in my life. Being able to participate in and help Laura progress has been the greatest experience. I have a deep love for her and her family and look forward to seeing her seal the deal in the temple come September!
Being able to serve these people and see these people who I love so dearly has been the greatest experience I have been a part of. There is nothing like seeing someone change from a life of sin and through the power of the spirit and atonement of Christ become as a new child and become so strong.
I have truly loved being able to represent the Lord. I thank the mission for helping me realize that we truly do have a loving father in heaven, who gave his son Jesus Christ to save us from sin so that we can receive the full blessings of Heavenly Father. So that we could overcome any trial and challenge that we face. Its such a great knowledge to know we are never a lone. Thanks to the mission I have been able to have my own personal relationship with my Saviour and have more fully come to appreciate and love the Atonement of Christ.
I know now that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is really the true church on the earth. I have no doubt Joseph Smith was a prophet and he headed the restoration of the fullness of the gospel onto the earth and thanks to him we now have the power of the priesthood in our lives to bless us and perform sacred ordinances. I have a strong testimony of the "small and simple things." The small and simple things such as scripture study, prayer, church (the basics). I know that it's through these things that will bring us so much peace and safety and as we hearken unto these things every day the Holy Ghost will always be with us! I know and believe the gospel of Christ is the only way we can be saved through the principles of Faith, Repentance and the ordinances of Baptism and receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end.
Nothing for me has been harder than to walk away from the game of football that I love so much and had put so much blood, sweat, and tears into. Having to deal with not being able to play and not being able to work on my game has been so hard. It has taken every ounce of faith in the Lord to continue to keep moving forward. I am comforted to know that the Lord will provide and as we put him in our lives first he will help us. I believe coming on the mission has helped me become a better me and with all the experiences I've gone through i believe I'll become a better player as well.
Most importantly I've really learned the importance of the family. I am so grateful for the amazing family I have been blessed with. It's amazing how being away from my family and helping other families receive the blessings of the gospel has had a great impact on me. I look forward to having my own family which will be centered on the gospel of Christ and centred on our Saviour Jesus Christ because that is the only way for true and eternal happiness. I'm grateful for the plan of Salvation which allows us to live with our families forever!
The mission has been amazing. Thank you all for your love and support in this two year journey. This is just the beginning of continuous service for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! I look forward to my next transfer in Bountiful Utah. Love you all so much!
À bientôt!
Elder Gautavai

No comments:
Post a Comment