Bonjour ma famille!
How is everything going at Home?? Hope you are all well! To start off I have to thank you guys for all the love and support you have given me in my life. I'm continually blessed because of what you have done for me and I can definitely feel it here. The things you have taught me are priceless, and I am very grateful for them. Thank you for the letters I can't tell you how much I love them! They have come in really handy these past few days as I ponder the messages in your letters in my room each night.
How is everything going at Home?? Hope you are all well! To start off I have to thank you guys for all the love and support you have given me in my life. I'm continually blessed because of what you have done for me and I can definitely feel it here. The things you have taught me are priceless, and I am very grateful for them. Thank you for the letters I can't tell you how much I love them! They have come in really handy these past few days as I ponder the messages in your letters in my room each night.
Things are going ok here at the MTC. To say the least and somewhat expected, it was a very challenging first week. Adjusting to the missionary life has been pretty amazing. I am in a companionship of 3 with Elder Pryer (Orem) and Elder Silvas (California). They are both really cool guys and have taught me a lot. Learning the language this first week has been really tough (to be expected) haha. I have also been called to serve as the District Leader. One of the biggest personal tests for me is teaching the people the gospel I know but at the moment not being able to communicate effectively as I want to while I learn the french language. Notwithstanding this, I have been able to pick up more and more each day. The food here is decent haha--it makes the Cannon center (BYU dorms) food seem really good haha..but hey it's food just the same.
Pretty cool experience as we went to the temple this morning. As I sat in the Celestial room I couldn't help but think on Mekelee. What was really neat was as I sat in the Celestial room I could feel the spirit and Grandmas spirit comforting me and letting me know I CAN DO THIS! assuring me that things will be ok. I know this is where I am supposed to be, and I can really feel things are going to start getting better for me!
Also, I have to tell you though we have been teaching this lady named Solange and she only speaks en français. In our first 2 lessons it was really difficult because we don't fully en français yet but nevertheless this last lesson we taught was a whole 180 degrees different--we really relied on the Spirit to break the temporary language barriers and the lesson went really smooth. Hurrah!! She is on the verge of being baptized so we'll see how it all works out. Crazy how the spirit works huh!? On a side note, the elders going to Samoa are pretty funny. Their rooms are right above ours. It's really good talking to them and hanging out with them for a little bit!
I can really feel the Savior's love for me and for you all. I know that He lives and is watching over us all. I have felt His spirit comfort and help me in my short time here and I know He will continue to bless me! My testimony has already grown so much it's pretty crazy. I know this work is true and I can't wait to share this wonderful message with the people in Canada. I can't express how much I miss you guys. Know that I pray for you all constantly! Thanks again for the DearElders they really do help me in tough times and I look forward to them everyday!
Vous Aime Tous! Elder Gautavai

No comments:
New comments are not allowed.