Monday, June 30, 2014

Défis Aidez-nous aller de l'avant et de progrès

Weekly questions for the elder from home. The elder's response in his return email today.

Q1. How is your living space? Is it just you and elder Read or do you stay with other missionaries? Is it in the town area or outside?
A1. Our apartment is pretty nice it used to be a sisters apartment so that says a lot. It's just us. It is in the inner city.
Q2. We google'd the Shawi' and it looks very nice with a lot of lakes/water surrounding areas and very green (similar to Seattle).
A2. Beautiful. Yeah there are a ton of rivers, large forest areas and trees.
Q3. Sorry to hear about not getting package even now…that is crazy?!, when you do get it though it will bring a smile to your face..(we’ll need to get a schedule of your conference dates so that we can time our packages accordingly). The box has been at the mission office/home since June 2nd.
A3. We have a zone meeting this Thursday so I should be getting it then. We usually have zone meetings the first week of every month.
Q4. Are you in need of anything?
A4. Not at the moment.



Bonjour mi Famille!

Yes I cant believe that July is already here time really does move! Thanks for the pics looks like the house was really packed (Elder Camree Gautavai's homecoming open house 6/29). Good to see the pics of the cousins all together. Yeah the weather has definitely warmed up over here it gets way humid. No surprise to hear that Cam had an amazing meeting he has definitely grown a lot and I cant wait to join him in that. Your definitely right about keeping a big picture view something that has really helped me get through challenging times..keeping the eternal perspective.






Well this week was really good. We were able to met with a Haitian lady. I have to say it's amazing to see those whom the Lord has prepared here in Quebec they are so much nicer and so much more willing to hear our message. Oh it's really neat to understand the French more and more too.

Also we got a new district leader who is from Tahiti. He is a really cool guy. I have really grown to love the Tahitian missionaries I have come into contact with since beginning the mission. It's nice to have poly's around who understand the and can relate to the culture and stuff. I may pic up a French Tahitian accent as a result haha...

Saturday we spent most of the day fishing with the branch. As part of the activity we invited and brought along an investigator to fellowship which made it possible for us to go. I have to say fishing is still something that I do not enjoy. haha..I spent much of the time trying to untangle my line haha..Then after we helped this lady stack wood for about 2 hours it was pretty tiring.

One thing I enjoy is reading the conference addresses before bed. One that really stuck out to me was Elder Bednar's talk this past conference "Bear Up Their Burdens With Ease" about the stuck truck and the wood and how ultimately it was the weight of the wood that enabled the truck move. I know our challenges and trials are necessary for us to grow and not become stuck or to help us get unstuck. I have no doubt that as we endure all things well we be better prepared for what's next!

Know that I continue to push forward my amazing family. I love you all and I'm grateful for all you do for me! Hoping you all have an amazing and safe week!

avec beaucoup d'amour!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment