Q1. It’s probably very warm now...How is your clothing holding up in the heat and humidity?
A1. Yeah it's getting really warm up here. It's humid up here to so thats been something new for me but everything is holding up. My clothes are starting to get a little big because I've lost some weight but it's all good.
Q2. Are you guys having to cook, eat out..or members feeding y’all?
A2. We do a little bit of everything. Not as much with the members as in Fallowfield. Every meal has been spaghetti. Quebecois love their spaghetti.
Q3. We are working on the Camera, sorry it’s taking longer than hoped..the plan is still to have you pick it up there after we load up your account…stay tuned..
A3. Okay that sounds fine!
Q4. Who can we pray for each day this week?
A4. Just please remember and pray that we can find people to teach! Thank you!
Bonjour Dad!
![]() |
| Brother Potter's legendary Book of Mormon. He has used this same book of Mormon ever since he was converted. He brought it with him every time and everywhere he would come teaching with us. |
![]() |
| Jeremy Boisvert, friend from Drummondville, Quebec |
This week was pretty good. Quebec can be very challenging at times as a lot of folks are not necessarily open to the thought of religion and generally have little interest. Despite this we have faith in the Savior that miracles can and will occur so we must be diligent and faithful!
So with that being said we don't really teach too much by mouth. We don't have very many investigators at the moment so we are currently working hard in finding. We focus our teaching at the moment by doing a lot of service around the community; more than keeping us busy it shows people the blessings and joy of service and living the restored gospel. We helped a less active brother build his house on Saturday, so I now know how to construct walls haha..so that's cool!
The language is coming along! We had Zone Conference up in Quebec City this week. The whole conference was in French! I could actually understand it which was pretty cool granted the French was Belgian French which is easy to understand (Quebecoise french is a totally different language believe me) It was just a really uplifting moment and gave me even more confidence to keep working on becoming more fluent! I know I can do it! By the way Elder Rock is in my same zone. It is so good to see and talk with him!
Also every week we visit an 87-yr old sister and administer the Sacrament for her. She adopts every missionary she meets so I am her 153rd child haha. Anyways I offered the prayer and right after she told me my french is really good. It made me so happy haha I could for sure feel the spirit so strong at that moment!
Well family despite normal challenges before us to stretch and improve, we continue to push on! Thanks for your love and your continued support. I can't believe I've hit the 6th month mark already. It really does make me feel good to know I've reached yet another milestone. I feel my Savior's love all around me!
Hope you guys have a good week!
Love,
Elder R. Gautavai


No comments:
Post a Comment