Weekly questions from home for the elder. His response in his return email received today.
Q1. How are things with your new companion. Are you getting the flow of things (leading out, language boost, etc).
A1. Things are going well with us. I still have to do most of the leading out as far as planning and stuff but it's all good. Its a definite yes in regards to the language. I have felt a huge boost in my language skills and more importantly my confidence with the French. I try really hard to do and communicate everything in French with elder Veyrier!
Q2. Your BYU boys send their love and best. Thanks for writing Coach T. he always ask when we see him haha..Did you hear back from him?..we missed the recent open scrimmage due to Mekelee’s practice same time but will get out to see the Coug’s for sure and pass along a report with pictures.
A2. Yes he sent me a nice note. Always good to hear from my boys at BYU!
Q3. Sorry to hear the Montreal temple is closed for renovation..the temple sure played a key part for Camree in the ATL..when it does open again you will seriously be in the last months of your mission..hopefully, the Toronto or Boston temples are not too far for the Saints in Quebec. Makes me even more thankful for being so close here to the BTFL temple and others along the Wasatch front. BTW were are going to the Ogden temple open house on Thursday, we’ll send you a report and pictures from our visit.
A3. The Montreal temple will re-open in September 2015, so yes just a few months left before I return. Yeah the Toronto temple is the nearest for the saints in Quebec which is about 6-7 hours drive away I believe. I really wish we could go to the temple. I have grown to really love attending the temple. Yesterday we had a talk in church and it was about "making our homes the temple" with the temple closed!
Q4. Thanks for sending pictures as you can..and oh yeah, we’ll send you a family photo as requested (including Dad haha).
A4. Thanks that will be good to have as I am out teaching.
Q5. Are you in need of anything?
A5. Nope im good. Just a heads up though. I will be needing my full Bountiful football hoodie and sweat pants for the winter months.
Q6. Beside L.F., J.-L. who else can we pray for this week?
Bonjour ma Famille bien-aime!
Hahahaha oh man great picture! I really can't believe it's already time for FOOTBALL. Sounds like Mekelee should have a pretty solid year. I'm very excited to hear how the year unfolds for him, expecting some big news for sure. Can you believe when I was Mekelees age I was beginning my first year of football?! haha it blows my mind to think about that and then think how much farther a long Kelee is. And NO I really can't believe Cam is turning 22 seems like yesterday we were young kids in primary. Anyways, Bonne Anniversary mon frère!
Well another week of beaucoup challenges and evidence of the Lords hand in our lives. This week has been very similar to when I first arrived in Shawi completely flushing the area having a load of investigators who suddenly dropped us and things being completely slow and having a lot of appointments fall through, leaving our days completely empty. There were many times as the one to lead out and make the decisions where I have felt completely lost as to what to do with our time. It's amazing though in these times of seemingly nothing to do, the Lord always makes a way to make things happen as we act in faith relying wholly upon Him. I can remember where we had nothing to do and where just sitting in our car, it was about 1 o'clock which isn't a very effective time to do knocking. But I decided we needed to do it just the same. We only knocked about 2 doors and we found a lady who is very religious and has a lot of similar beliefs (living, modern-day Prophet and Restoration) but just hasn't found the truth yet. She was very interested in our message. Hoping all goes well with her.
Also this week we were able to meet a part-member family who is less-active. We were given their names recently to be their home teachers. I had never met the family before this time. We are assigned to visit the father so we called him and set up an appointment. They live about 40 minutes away and we were pretty concerned about driving all the way out there because of our limits on kilometers. We contemplated whether or not we should go out because we knew things probably wouldn't happen maybe as we had hoped. But I had a really strong impression that we should go no matter what. When we arrived the father wasn't home but we were able to have a really nice conversation with the mother of the family who isn't a member. She was really happy to see us and more than happy to have us over she even gave us her number so we are going to return and follow-up. It was definitely worth the kilometers haha.
This week we had a branch activity. It was a fun activity just at the church where we played games and had a lunch. It's pretty sad though only 4 people not including us showed up. I felt really bad for our Relief Society president who put this activity on and lives an hour away from the chapel. It really made me think how blessed we are back at home to have a fully-functioning ward with great support. I encourage you all to attend and support these activities as a lot of work goes into these activities and they are great ways to friendship within unit, ward/branch!
On Saturday night we had dinner at the 87-yr old women Mamie who adapts all the missionaries. She bought us a huge pizza and made a very nice set up in her little room. It was awesome to be able to spend some time and enjoy and an amazing meal with her. It meant a lot as she lives in an assisted-living center and went all out to give us a nice meal..really sweet.
Well family I love you a lot. Blessed beyond measure to have you as my family. Think of you all pray and pray for you all everyday. May you all have a great week. And GO BRAVES!!
Je vous aime beaucoup!
Elder Gautavai



No comments:
Post a Comment