Monday, August 4, 2014

Le plan de Dieu est parfaite pour chacun de nous!

#BTOWNBRAVESBACKERBROS, Elder Jeremy Rock
Bonjour Famille!

What another glorious day to communicate with you all. I'm super happy you are all doing well and continue to push forward in faith. Haha that is too good about BYU football starting up fall camp, man I miss it so much. I can't believe its been a year since my first college practice haha oh man do I remember that practice..I thought I was about to die haha. Can't wait to strap it up again. For now I gotta strap up the Lord's helmet. Wow some exciting stuff regarding Kelee and his team should be a fun year. They gotta get that championship back!



Well this week was a pretty good one up here Quebec!

I had my interview with President Patrick. Man I feel a tremendous amount of love from President Patrick. I can truly testify that as missionaries we are sent to the mission president who can impact us the most. I am so grateful I have the opportunity to work with President Patrick. Such an amazing man! During the interview he asked me to offer a prayer. I had an overwhelming feeling that I should offer it in French (I didn't at the time know why). President Patrick was truly amazed at the progress I've made with Francois  He couldn't believe it! It was really comforting and encouraging to hear him say how proud he is of me. He asked me how it is that I have improved so quickly and I said, President I've spent a lot of time on my knees praying for the Lords guidance and help! I testify that the Lord will help us overcome any obstacle as long as we sincerely ask him and act on it!



Thursday we were able to go up to Quebec city and have a Zone Training meeting. It's always good to go up Quebec city and be in the big city as Shawi is a small little town. We had a good meeting. Elder Read and I were asked to give a training on "Where Can We Turn For Peace?" As missionaries we are faced with a lot of difficulties. We focused a lot of our training on Prayer and Patience using Mosiah 24 and Alma 26 as a reference point. I encourage and invite you all to read and study those chapters in the book of Mormon. Also during the meeting we really focused on our mission culture due to the fact that 35 missionaries are going home and 29 new missionaries are coming in.

Well in regards to transfers, I will be staying in Shawinigan for another 6 weeks (yes!). I will be receiving new companion named Elder Veryiea who is from France and was called Spanish speaking. So yes his english is tres peu! (very little). Should be interesting but I'm excited to be able to learn French from him as a native speaker and continue to increase my proficiency with the language.

I have really come to realize that the Lord has a reason for everything.Though challenges arise periodically, I'm truly grateful for the learning and growing experience I am afforded. I have no doubt that because of this I have become a better and stronger person. I have learned to rely on Heavenly Father and the Atonement. I have truly grown so much! I hope and pray I continue to grow in this upcoming transfer. I'm excited for what lies ahead.

Well famille, I love you all very much! I continue to pray for you all. I hope you have a good week. I will continue to climb and do my best!

Avec amour!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment