Monday, September 22, 2014

J'aime les Saints fidèles dans ma mission, c'est humiliant et inspirant

Weekly questions for the elder from home. His response in his return email received today.

Q1. How was the transfer away from Shawi?
A1. It was different and difficult leaving Shawinigan and the people there. I will miss them!
Q2. How was the transfer to Montreal?
A2. Montreal is awesome! I am absolutely loving it here. 
Q4. Camera, OK for next p-day, Costco, Walmart...
A3. Okay sounds good!
Q4. Who can we add to our faith and prayers this week?
A4. P. a recent convert who has started to lose his faith!

Bonjour Famille!



Another good week to hear from the family! Thats pretty awesome you were able to watch the rededication of the Ogden temple sounds like it was an amazing experience! Man soo good to hear Mekelee balled out again no big surprise on that end haha man I can't wait to get back and watch him ball out again gonna be fun! Yes hopefully the Braves can pull it out this year. Man that is too cool to hear Masi tore it up I love that guy haha.

Well things in the new area are going so well!

I absolutely love being here in the big city. Montreal is an amazing place. It's definitely felt weird yesterday at Church as the hymns were sung in English again haha. Since we are YSA elders we pretty much cover all of Montreal so we went out to a members house out in a more english area of Quebec. Anyways its awesome here! There are literally people everywhere and from literally every nation, it's pretty sweet.The metro has been really fun getting used to. It's weird not having a car but its been cool using the trains! The apartment is really small though haha. Originally it was just supposed to be my comp and I but we had an emergency situation where 2 extra elders had to move in so we are really cramped. Haha I'll probably lose a lot of weight in this area too being on foot!



I love being with the YSA. It's awesome being able to work with the youth and with people the same age. I can definitely relate to and really feel a deep love for them. I love serving and seeing the atonement at work with the members and people here. We all make mistakes in life but seeing these people I can see firsthand that Christ lives and his atonement is real. We have hit the ground running. We have had a good week. Before my comp and I arrived into the area it was really struggling due to previous missionaries kinda slacking off. But Elder Flitton and I have made a real big push with the Branch to get things picking up and so far we have seen great results! By the way Elder Flitton is awesome!! I love being with him haha we are exactly alike and always have a fun time working our tails off. haha He is from Salt Lake and Park City! Our Branch President is a 40 year old guy who is really a teenager at heart haha. He has some relatives from Bountiful I think they are in the 50th ward?..Gehmlich. Also kinda crazy there is a sister in my ward currently serving the the GAM. Her dad is in the stake presidency and her other sisters are in my branch. They said our name sounded familiar haha. Also there is a girl in my branch who graduated from WX haha never would of thought it! Also every Wednesday we play Soccer with the branch and every Friday we attend Institute. It's amazing to see how dedicated these saints are over here to the gospel. It's not an easy thing to be a member in Montreal, but these members are really faithful! It's very humbling and inspiring!

We don't teach many lessons at peoples houses instead we teach at and in other Church buildings around the Montreal area which is nice because they are all literally right off of Metro stations. 

This week we are having a conference with Elder Bruce Carlson of the Seventy which should be a really good meeting. It will be an all day long gathering.

Well famille I love you all so much! I'm doing well and continue to just keep plugging along and doing my very best. I miss you all so much. May you all have a great week.

Avec mon amour!,

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment