From: Elder Rylee Gautavai
Date: September 29, 2014 at 8:35:07 AM MDT
To: Rochelle Gautavai
Bonjour Maman!
Haha thanks for the weekly update on things going on back at home! I am currently emailing you guys from the Apple store here in Montreal because it's very hard to get library cards! Too bad to hear the the Braves got jipped again.. man brings back memories but glad they fought hard, Just gotta wait for Kelee to run all over those guys haha
Yes I absolutely love it here in Montreal we are having tons of fun working hard. Yes Elder Flitton has only been here 1 transfer before me so he is stil pretty new. It's about a 30 min metro ride to our church building (which is the mission office). Yeah I am still able to speak french as there is a french branch where we do a lot of stuff together and since its Montreal everyone knows both languages. Elder Rock is still up in Alma so I don't see him anymore. I'm about 7-8 hours away from Alma. Yeah, I played soccer with some Mexicans and Africans this week and they totally kicked my butt it was funny they were way good at soccer.
The meeting with Elder Carlson of the Seventy was really good. He talked a lot about teaching with the spirit, not just talking to people but talking to their hearts through the spirit and that's when true connections are made. Get this he is from bountiful haha. He had another meeting later that night for less actives and recent converts and it was powerful. President Patrick bore his testimony at the meeting and he pretty much just expressed his deep love for his missionaries and told everybody there that they are in the best hands possible with us missionaries. It was sweet you can really tell president has so much confidence is us!
Elder Flitton and I are doing well we are doing a lot of work with less actives and we are seeing so much progression. Less active, J. a black guy who has been to prison came to us this week asking us to help him get back on track it was really powerful. I love working with the YSA. I have been able to make really good relationships since arriving here. It's seriously just like hanging out with the boys haha. We also do a ton of walking here.
Well I'm so excited for Conference it will be really great to hear the words of living prophets and church leaders. I can't believe its already my 2nd conference!! YES!! Hitting another mission milestone. it will be fun! We are planning on spending the time with our YSA members at our building then going out to eat for dinner before Priesthood session. By way the way the food here is awesome. Had some good Venezuelan food!
Well I'm glad to hear you are all doing well! I miss you all so much I can't even describe it but i know we will be reunited soon! Hope you have a good week.
Avec mon amour!!
Elder Gautavai




No comments:
Post a Comment