Monday, October 6, 2014

Venez écouter la voix du Prophète et écoutez la parole de Dieu (Come Listen to A Prophet's Voice and Hear the Word of God)

Weekly questions from home for the elder. His response in his return email received today.

Q1. Sorry missed getting a letter to you before your computer time last week. With this area what does your computer time look like as far as when you'll be able to do emails? What time of day and from where?
A1.It all depends usually in the morning time due to having a ton of missionary teams on the island so it's tough because most of them use the mission office computers. We are currently in the process of getting a library pass which will make things a lot easier. The apple store was terrible! haha
Q2. Were you able to pickup a good camera? If so where did you get it from hopefully it wasn't too far out of your way.
A2.Yes I got a camera and it's working. Thank you so much!
Q3. Your package should be arriving soon it was sent last Monday (tonight it tracks as being processed in customs)..it took the last one 7 days. It's good you can pick it up at office when it is delivered. -- Do you need anything at this time?
A3. Awesome I'll be on the lookout! Also you'll have to give Kacie my thanks for the package she sent me I was truly amazed and made me really happy to receive a very thoughtful package from her! No, but for Christmas if you could send those two suits that we got before the mission that were too small haha my suits are getting pretty baggy on me.
Q4. Who and/or what can we exercise our faith for and pray on this week?
A4. Our investigator S.



Bonjour Famille!

Those pictures at BYU are awesome reminds me of the days, good to hear everyone was able to go. It will be sweet for us all to be there again!

To start off, wow what an amazing weekend we were just blessed to have! Like you always said dad how the images of Temple square made you happy on your mission it had a similar affect on me. Absolutely love seeing the scenery of Utah. It's really crazy how much of a difference conference is on the mission something that we definitely looked forward too all week. I absolutely loved conference to me it seemed as though the brethren talked a lot about preparing the home to become temple-like places, places of growth and learning. We watched conference here at the mission office with our branch and it was in english. Pretty cool having the translations we were hoping that Bishop Causse would speak in French, oh well perhaps next time. Also we went to Wendy's as a priesthood group before the Priesthood session, my first Wendy's since leaving and it was awesome haha. I have grown so much over these past 2 days. I have been so inspired! It was sad to see conference go by so quickly in due part because I truly feel connected with you all while watching conference as I know you are watching and listening at the same time.



Well this week was quite a busy week!

Tuesday 6:30AM came around and we received a call to go and help a member with some service. We had scheduled about 5 lessons that day but none of them ended up happening because we had surprise meetings popping up all over the place. At 10AM we were told that we were to have interviews with president Patrick. The interview was awesome! You're probably sick of hearing this, but its just the facts I LOVE PRESIDENT PATRICK!! Truly blessed and fortunate to have him as my mission president. He told me that he will only put missionaries in the YSA branches if he trust them and that I should take this as a sign of his love and trust in me--it was sweet! Also he asked me what the biggest miracle has been on my mission so far? I read with him Mosiah 24 about the People of Alma (conversion of the Lamanite; burying their weapons) and told him that's my miracle. Something that I really took out of the interview was how we discussed a lot about the importance of working with the less-actives and returning members. It totally made sense to me why we need to put more emphasizes in less actives. why look farther than your own struggling lambs?? so we have really tried to work hard on our ministry with the less active.


I am having a blast out here in Montreal. Elder Flitton and I are doing so well. It was pretty cool we decided that we shouldn't buy groceries this week because we were low in mission monies so we went without and it was crazy how blessed we were this week. Miraculously we received food from members and even random people, it was sweet and humbling. Definitely a huge blessing to know that the Lord blessed us. Also, the food up here is bomb by the way haha. Man mission life is so much fun up here!! I love Montreal!

Well I don't have much time! I love you all so much! 10 months down and flying it's going by too fast..I miss you all but I know the Lord is watching over us!

Avec mon amour!!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment