Monday, October 20, 2014

marcher par la foi, je suis béni chaque heure (walking by faith, I am blest ev'ry hour)

Weekly questions for the elder from home. His response in his email received today.

Q1. Thanks for the picture with the Filipino group, are they members? YSA? Did you have some Filipino foods with them? We told Grandma Alip about that and showed your pic and she was like "did he tell them our story?" haha
1A. No only one of them is a member. Yes they are all about YSA age. Haha na it was kinda sad we talked about lumpia though. Yup you already know I brought up my Filipino side haha they were loving it. They were all like that's why you look kinda like us..I was like you think I look like y'all you should see my lil bro hahaha jokes :)
2Q. We see some pictures of the city of Montreal and it looks so beautiful especially with the change in seasons fall..do you live downtown in the city?
2A. Yes we live right downtown next to McGill University and an area called Mount Royal.
3Q. Are you in need of anything at this time?
3A. Nope I'm doing good!
4Q. Who or what can we pray for this week besides Slr? We hope he's progressing along.
4A. You can Pray for Sn. a new investigator we have.

Bonjour Famille!



McGill University Campus Downtown Montreal

Wow another week gone by, it's crazy! Thanks for the update from home. Good to hear that everyone and everything is doing/going well. Yes I would definitely compare Montreal to SF, there are people from almost everywhere. We have the opportunity to teach someone from Cape Verde a Portuguese colony right off the coast of Africa so it's very cool. I've also eaten many different foods from all over the world. We at some Mexican food called Papusas which is so good and had some real Horchata.

Good to hear the Braves took it too them leopards and are looking good heading into the playoffs.



Things are going really well here with me. We had a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner with some members in our ward it was sweet. Since I'm in a YSA branch it was a very humble dinner due to the fact that everyone is living on that college budget haha but none the less it was great I absolutely loved it..Miss that home-cooking though.




Things with the branch are going super well. Elder Flitton and I have completely changed the attitude of the branch and the work that is going on here. There were numerous times this week were members expressed to us how much they trust us and how different we are compared to others they have met. This week was probably the best week this area has had in a very long time. We were able to get 2 new investigators which is rare. We got them from doing Member work and working with our former investigators. Sn a 18 year-old from Ottawa is a new investigator. She grew up in the Church and has lived the principals her whole life but wasn't baptized because her Mom wanted her to make the decision for herself and now that she is on her own they believe it's the time for her to take things more seriously and decide for herself if she wants to be baptized. We are very encouraged and hopeful that we can baptize her. The branch has really fellowshipped her so that is really nice as well!

Also quick update on Slr. He is doing great! He continues to show up to activities and is just loving the branch and interacting with the saints. We were able to teach him the Gospel of Christ this past week and it was a really good lesson. At the end he told us that these things are true and we then committed him to be baptized on the November 22nd. So keep him in your prayers that he can make the date and realize the blessings of baptism and membership in the kingdom.

Haha this week we had the opportunity to teach Institute. It was cool we taught about the importance of the Book of Mormon it was a good lesson. We also had to do a spur of the moment lesson in Gospel Principles so that was fun haha. This week we also helped our 2nd Counselor clean out his pond of all this algae and oh boy let me say just how horrible those things are to maintain so glad we dont have one of those haha.

Well family I continue to do great and getting along super well with my comp. This week is the last week of the transfer crazy huh!? Swear I just got here. I don't think anything will happen between the two of us.

I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much!

Avec mon amour!!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment