Monday, April 6, 2015

Connu de la bénédiction de don des langues (Blessed With The Gift of Tongues)

Weekly questions from home. The elder's response received in his email received today.

Q1. Did you enjoy conference yesterday? Where did you view it from? Were you able to see all the sessions? Did you have a meal at the church afterwards?
A1. Yes I loved Conference. We watched it at our chapel. Yeah we watched them all. We had potlucks in between the sessions.
Q2. Do you hear from your Btown friends on missions?
A2. Yeah I email with Dax every week. Then we have a big group message. I don't write too much but it's good to see how they're doing.
Q3. Are you in need of anything at this time?
A3. No I'm good.
Q4. Who and or what can we join you in prayers for this week?
A4. Just our investigators.



Bonjour Famille!



Wow what a great and inspiring week we just had with General Conference and Easter Sunday! I really can't believe I only have 1 more conference left, it blows my mind. I have definitely grown to love Conference more and more not just because of the spiritual growth we make during these two days but because while watching Conference I can't help but feel a really special connection to you all back home. Seeing the pictures of Utah and knowing your all watching the same thing as me is really a neat experience. Great conference!



Well I just wanted to share a pretty cool experience I had this week regarding the Gift of Tongues and it wasn't in French..You all will get a kick out of this one thinking back to all of Rich's Mexican references for me haha..So this week we got a random call from the Spanish Elders here who needed us to come to a Dinner Appointment with them because they needed help with a chaperone situation because they were visiting a single women. Since my comp is from Spain they decided to ask us to accompany and help them. We went to the appointment which turned out to be entirely in Spanish. I was the only one who couldn't speak it haha it reminded me of the early days on the mission. Despite this, I could still pick out a few of the words they were saying because of prior Spanish knowledge, and also many of the words in Spanish are really close to words in French. She began to share an experience she had with some missionaries in Mexico. It was weird, I literally understood everything she said! I was super shocked it really felt like I knew Spanish fluently. I was pretty amazed and definitely testified to me of the Gift of Tongues!




Well things are going well here in MTL..This week is the last week of the transfer so we will be getting the transfer call on Saturday. I really hope and pray I stay in the area. Can't believe I'm already done training?! Its gone by fast! Well have a good one! I love y'all tons and miss you guys a lot!

Avec Amour!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment