Monday, February 17, 2014

Bonjour Toute Le Monde!

Weekly questions for the elder in today's email which is the last correspondence with him in the MTC as he departs early tomorrow morning for Montreal. The elder's response follows in his email back.

Bonjour toute le monde!

Mon reponse:
Q1. Mom will ask specific travel questions in her note regarding packing and getting something to eat at the airport at SLC or the ATL.
A1. Oui just be prepared for the call tomorrow morning it will be fairly early as I leave the MTC at 3:30 AM..Haha and yes I plan on getting some McDonalds at the airport man I've been craving it haha
Q2. Be sure to take photos of your group, teachers, missionary buddies, etc..thanks for sending the photos they're great!!
A2. Decour I will send some today right after.
Q3. Are you in need of anything at this time?
A3. Non but if you could put the other layright pomade with the clothes I sent home that would be good. I got all my bags under 50 lbs so I'm good to go. The extra carry-on has really helped with all the weight.
Q4. Who or what can we exercise our faith and daily prayers for this week?
A4. Oui si'l vous plait prier pour Elder Mateara who has been struggling trying to adjust to the palangis and just being in America. The Elder is a stud and I know he can do great things!!


I will keep this pretty brief as I am short on time today and I will be calling with more detail tomorrow from the SLC airport!

Je ne croie pas (I do not believe) I'm leaving tomorrow. It's weird to think that in 24 hours I'll be on a plane flying to Canada and will be out of the USA for two years. But oh boy Je suis tre enthusiasm! I really can't wait to get to Canada and be able to love and to serve the Quebecois. I know the Lord has prepared and is still preparing those who need to hear the gospel in the Montreal area. 

This week has a really good week. It has been cool to see that in this last week I have experienced the most growth. As my time here at the MTC is winding down I have really tried to make the effort to finish to the end. It will be very different leaving. Yesterday in Sacrament meeting I was called on to give a talk and oui en Francais hahaha. It was actually really cool to be able to give a talk in French and to be able to share how much the Lord has blessed me one last time with my zone.

With Elder Trajan Pili Brother and BYU Teammate - Temple Walk
Fellow BTOWN Brave Elder Jedidiah Fisher
Last night at the Devotional we had the special privilege of hearing from Matthew Holland (Elder Holland's son) who is the president of UVU. It was a powerful talk that just blew me away! He talked about Joseph Smith and the trials he had to go through to be able to restore the Church. You never truly understand how much love Joseph had for the Lord and this Gospel until you understand how much difficulty he went through and yet still had the faith to carry on the work. I encourage you all to study the life of Joseph Smith and I promise you won't be disappointed. I see a direct correlation in the work of Joseph and the work of missionaries. We both go through amazing hardships and difficulties on our way but as we continue to exercise our faith in Christ anything is possible. Also, the Lord is preparing the way, he is setting his pieces up just like he did for Joseph, and I know they are ready to be acted upon. Anyway, it was just a powerful devotional. Oh and by the way Elder Holland presided over the meeting hahaha how lucky am I to be in the presence of both Elder Bednar and Elder Holland during MTC stay!

Well I can't wait parle a tous vous demain! I hope you all have a great day today!

Avec tout mon amour!

Love Elder Gautavai

Oh I forgot to mention something that Elder Holland said that was pretty amazing. He said in referring to the statement "Put your money where you mouth is" he said of instead of saying this...we should say "Put your priorities where your temple covenants are." How cool is that?? I've never thought of that before. Everything in this life should be able honoring and exercising the covenants we make in the temple. We should strive to make and center our priorities on the Lord and our families. Elder Holland really stressed the importance of loving our families. I know that families are essential à notre bonheur sur la terre! (our happiness on earth!) Be true to the priorities we made in the temple. I look forward to the day when I can make the same Alliances (covenants) as mom and dad have. 

As I enter the mission field. I don't know what will happen, I don't know where I'll go, who my trainer will be, or who is prepared to hear the gospel. But one thing I do know is that I will walk with faith and I will accomplish the thing the Lord has commanded. I want to return knowing that I gave my all to the Lord! He will bless me and guide me these next few months something that I am soo excited to experience!

Parle à vous demain!

STRAP IT UP!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment