Q1. Do you get a chance to break a sweat with physical exercise, albeit not what your use to? How often?
A1. Oui we get gym time for an hour everyday it switches off from early morning to late at night. Though we have gym time I dont really do much haha I usually just sit there and shoot hoops. I don't do much physical activity the most I'll do is some push ups at night every now and then. But don't worry to my surprise I have lost about 5 pounds and it seems like the trend will continue to go this direction. haha.
Q2. Thanks for you update on your day-to-day schedule. Sounds like you stay busy. Are the other districts/missionaries in your zone foreign language speaking/french?
Q2. Thanks for you update on your day-to-day schedule. Sounds like you stay busy. Are the other districts/missionaries in your zone foreign language speaking/french?
A2. Oui everyone in my zone/district est parleé Francais. Most in the zone are going to France, but all the ones in my district are going to Montréal.
Q3. Will you be able to do curbside escorts tomorrow? If so does that impact your p-day/schedule?
![]() |
| #42 Elder Trajan Pili #54 Elder Meti Taliauli #46 Elder Rylee Gautavai BYU Fall Camp 2013 |
Q4. Do you need anything at this time?
A4. Nope I'm doing good!
Q5. We continue to pray for you (always), who or what else can exercise our faith and prayers for this week?
Q5. We continue to pray for you (always), who or what else can exercise our faith and prayers for this week?
A5. Just continue to pray for the language and the Elders here!
Bonjour Papa et Mama!
Wow Je ne peut pas croie que j'ai ete ici a MTC pour 5 sema! Only a week and a half left then im off to Canada (cant wait). By the way I get my Travel plans this Friday so that will be neat I'll update yall on the plans and stuff. But just a heads up prepare for the 18th as I will be calling home!
Comment ca va? Haha I hope all is well back home! Sounds like things are going pretty good! Merci Beaucoup (thanks a lot) for sharing the pictures its cool to see the return of Elder Gautavai, Meti, and Cam in the snow hahaha Sounds like there are some exciting times im excited to get to Canada during the Olympics (hockey) it will be super crazy! Haha im glad yall were able to attend Meti's farewell I love that man! Its been such a blessing being able to room with him and be around him for literally every second since June haha. I can't wait to see that dude! The language continues to improve which is cool.
Elder Richard Gautavai Saves One Last Opportunity To Minister
Well this week was quite the week haha. I compare this week to a football game were the first half was absolutely terrible and at halftime Coach yelling at us haha. Then in the second half things turn around ultimately pulling out the victory! Wednesday and Thursday were probably the toughest days I have had so far. The stress of a mission really caught up to me. The language, constantly being in a classroom, and just being away from home was really stressing me out. I just wanted nothing to do with it anymore and was really considering picking up the phone and calling home! Well just a testament that the Lord is watching over me. That Thursday night he sent a valiant warrior my way that totally shifted my attitude. As I walked into the lobby at the MTC on Thursday night I met face to face with a modern day stripling warrior. It was so cool to see Rich and I must admit I was like dang this dude is tiny haha. As we sat and talked for a few minutes we got all caught up. Then I really started to express to Rich my feelings of wanting to go home and BOOM it happened haha. Right there Rich never once said "dude just stay" "don't go home" but read from the Book of Mormon, Moroni 7:12-14: (Moroni quoting his father Mormon)
As signing day approaches tomorrow (keep me updated by the way) I look back to a year ago from tomorrow. Signing day was one of the coolest days that I will never forget. A day where my dreams became a reality a day where I had worked my whole life to accomplish. Signing that paper has brought so much blessings to my life and im so glad I signed with BYU. As I think about those events I have some parallels with what I am doing now as a missionary! Not only have I signed my LOI with BYU but I have also signed my LOI to the Lord! Just like BYU I have committed to the Lord all my best and have pledged my allegiance to the end. Signing that letter means that you will give everything to that university and now to the Lord. So even though things are tough just like Coach Mendenhall is counting on me to live up to my LOI the Lord is also counting on my to live up to my LOI. And just like BYU has brought many blessings in my life serving with the Lord's team will bring me even more. Haha just thought the parallels were cool!
I love you all and hope you guys have an amazing week! My love and prayers are with each and everyone of y'all every minute of the day. WE ARE COMMITTED to the Lord! I have the greatest family on the Earth. No where I would rather be then serving the Lord!! I have grown tremendously. Glad the Lord offered me a full-ride on his team!
Je suis reconnisant pour tous de vous! Grace a ce vous je suis tre heureux! Le Saint-Esprit est avec nous si nous suivre Dieu et Jesus Christ. Je sais L'Expiation est vray est ce L'Eglise est la vray Eglise sur la terre!
J'aime ce L'Evangile!
![]() |
| Elder Keegan Hicks and Elder Bryce Maluia, Mexico Guadalajara mission |
Bonjour Papa et Mama!
Wow Je ne peut pas croie que j'ai ete ici a MTC pour 5 sema! Only a week and a half left then im off to Canada (cant wait). By the way I get my Travel plans this Friday so that will be neat I'll update yall on the plans and stuff. But just a heads up prepare for the 18th as I will be calling home!
Comment ca va? Haha I hope all is well back home! Sounds like things are going pretty good! Merci Beaucoup (thanks a lot) for sharing the pictures its cool to see the return of Elder Gautavai, Meti, and Cam in the snow hahaha Sounds like there are some exciting times im excited to get to Canada during the Olympics (hockey) it will be super crazy! Haha im glad yall were able to attend Meti's farewell I love that man! Its been such a blessing being able to room with him and be around him for literally every second since June haha. I can't wait to see that dude! The language continues to improve which is cool.
Elder Richard Gautavai Saves One Last Opportunity To Minister
Well this week was quite the week haha. I compare this week to a football game were the first half was absolutely terrible and at halftime Coach yelling at us haha. Then in the second half things turn around ultimately pulling out the victory! Wednesday and Thursday were probably the toughest days I have had so far. The stress of a mission really caught up to me. The language, constantly being in a classroom, and just being away from home was really stressing me out. I just wanted nothing to do with it anymore and was really considering picking up the phone and calling home! Well just a testament that the Lord is watching over me. That Thursday night he sent a valiant warrior my way that totally shifted my attitude. As I walked into the lobby at the MTC on Thursday night I met face to face with a modern day stripling warrior. It was so cool to see Rich and I must admit I was like dang this dude is tiny haha. As we sat and talked for a few minutes we got all caught up. Then I really started to express to Rich my feelings of wanting to go home and BOOM it happened haha. Right there Rich never once said "dude just stay" "don't go home" but read from the Book of Mormon, Moroni 7:12-14: (Moroni quoting his father Mormon)
12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.
14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.to me where it talks about how Satan is constantly fighting against God and that all that is bad comes from the Devil and all that is good comes from God. He shared how all the feelings of inadequacy and homesickness was from the devil. Never before in my life have I felt so much peace and comfort it was truly amazing! I am very blessed that I was able to hear from Rich and his testimony! It's cool to see the change of heart he's experienced and I look forward to my own change as well. (see A Triumph Song We Sing post)
| National Letter of Intent Signing Day 2013 Bountiful High School |
![]() |
| Opening of Mission Call September 17, 2013 |
As signing day approaches tomorrow (keep me updated by the way) I look back to a year ago from tomorrow. Signing day was one of the coolest days that I will never forget. A day where my dreams became a reality a day where I had worked my whole life to accomplish. Signing that paper has brought so much blessings to my life and im so glad I signed with BYU. As I think about those events I have some parallels with what I am doing now as a missionary! Not only have I signed my LOI with BYU but I have also signed my LOI to the Lord! Just like BYU I have committed to the Lord all my best and have pledged my allegiance to the end. Signing that letter means that you will give everything to that university and now to the Lord. So even though things are tough just like Coach Mendenhall is counting on me to live up to my LOI the Lord is also counting on my to live up to my LOI. And just like BYU has brought many blessings in my life serving with the Lord's team will bring me even more. Haha just thought the parallels were cool!
I love you all and hope you guys have an amazing week! My love and prayers are with each and everyone of y'all every minute of the day. WE ARE COMMITTED to the Lord! I have the greatest family on the Earth. No where I would rather be then serving the Lord!! I have grown tremendously. Glad the Lord offered me a full-ride on his team!
Je suis reconnisant pour tous de vous! Grace a ce vous je suis tre heureux! Le Saint-Esprit est avec nous si nous suivre Dieu et Jesus Christ. Je sais L'Expiation est vray est ce L'Eglise est la vray Eglise sur la terre!
J'aime ce L'Evangile!
What does the Elder's testimony sound like in French? <--click link to find out
Se souvenir! STRAP IT UP!
Until next week,
Love Elder Gautavai
Se souvenir! STRAP IT UP!
Until next week,
Love Elder Gautavai




No comments:
Post a Comment