Q1. How was your day of hosting with Meti and Tray? How often do you get a chance to see them?
A1. Man it was soo good to see them both. I was so happy I was able to host them last week. It really brought a special spirit and a huge boast to my spirits. I loved seeing their families as well as I could feel their presence through both the Pili's and the Taliauli's. I wanted all day and I was getting super nervous i would miss them but it all worked out. Also I was able to see Kalolo as he was dropping a cousin off who is going to the Georgia Macon mission so it was sweet to see another BYU brother. I see Tray a lot we have all of our meals together and we sit next to each other at Choir haha. Meti I don't see as much but I do every now and then. We go up to the Temple which is great! It's cool that Tray and I will be on the same flight out to Atlanta before we depart our separate ways. How crazy is that??
![]() |
| Fellow BYU Football mate Kalolo Utu return missionary |
![]() |
| P-Day Temple Service with brother, Elder Meti Taliauli |
![]() |
Great Shot of the Tokouso's Photocred: Elder Talia'uli, sis Halaevalu Talia'uli
|
Q2. You are a veteran now being your last full week. Can you believe it? How does that feel?
A2. Non je ne croie pas c'est ma dejenier semaine ici a la MTC. (no I do not believe this is my last week here at the MTC). Its gone by so freakishly fast haha. Won't lie though, I am way excited to leave. I have a feeling it might be a little difficult as well. I mean being here for 6 weeks you really get comfortable with things haha. It's so weird to think that at this exact time next week I will be in Montréal..weird but exciting at the same time! It's funny to think that we are the old guys around here. I never thought my last week would come but here it is now!
Q3. You will want to make sure your putting things away/together ahead of your big packing day. Do you have your travel plans?
A3. Oui (yes) just so you guys know I will be sending some stuff back as I have way too much stuff and I know I will be over the 50 pounds. Oui j'ai ma envoyage plan. I will leave the MTC next week Tuesday at 3:30 A.M. and my flight leaves SLC at 7:10 A.M. So be on the lookout between that time for me to call you guys. After we are scheduled to land in Atlanta for a short layover --how crazy is it that I would end up connecting through and in Georgia?? Man "2" Elder Gautavai's in the same area for a bit DANG that's crazy! It blows my mind haha. Then after we connect we fly on to Montréal and are scheduled to arrive there at around 4:35 P.M. EST. So yeah things are starting to pick up! Again make sure you guys are awake in the morning. I have a calling card but it subtracts minutes each time I have to re-dial. Also I plan on calling 'Agi first then you guys but after I am done calling you guys I want you to be able to connect 'Agi back onto our call so we can have a little family testimony meeting before I head out!
Q4. Will Monday be your p-day next week? Will you be able to write again before you leave for Canada?
A4. Oui as far as I know I should have some time either Sunday or Monday to send y'all a short little email so be on the lookout for that as well.
Q5. Do you need anything at this time?
A5. Non (no) I don't need anything at this moment but please make sure to mail my blankets to the mission home so I can have those when I arrive!
Q6. Beside you, who or what can we exercise our faith and prayers for this week?
A6. Juste prier pour les personnes au Canada, les gens que je enseignent! (Just pray for the people in Canada, the people I teach!)
Q7. Have you given a talk in French yet?
A7. Non I haven't given a talk in Sacrament yet..but it is my last week the chances are great! I have however given the Sacrament prayers in French so that is cool!
![]() |
| Elder Mateara from NZ going to New Caledonia..Just arrived into our zone! |
Soo good to hear of your continued success and peace back at home!
Sounds like Rich had a really good meeting and that your all doing well. Oh and Alle au Canada!!! (Olympics)
Wow man Mekelee is such a stud haha I shout-him-out everyday!..haha My brother is gonna be a stud. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in-store for one of his strongest warriors. My only advice to Kelee is to keep working! Never stop being hungry for success. Never settle for mediocracie in everything he does school, athletics, and most importantly L'Evangile! (the Gospel). Set goals and sacrifice all means to be able to achieve those goals. Though it may not be the funnest thing to do..when you finally reach that goal nothing will be better and it will all be worth it!
What an amazing week this past one was. Being able to see my BOYS and receive my travel plans has made things awesome. I have seen tremendous growth and strength build up in my life. I really love teaching haha its so cool to be able to feel the spirit work in the lives of the people we are teaching but not only that I love feeling the spirit working with me as well. I am so excited to be able to teach the Québécois in just a few short days! Something that I really learned this week was that you shouldn't measure our success based upon our investigators. We need to base our success off of how much we are progressing and how much work we are putting into each investigator. It just makes sense to me the more we have love and that desire for the people we are teaching to become closer to Christ the more success we will see. I know that the people in Montréal will bless my life a ton more than me blessing them. The bottom line DON'T THINK ABOUT YOURSELF!
Oui moi aussi (yes i agree) having Richard come home on the 30th was definitely the hand of the Lord in our lives. If it wasn't for Rich following the promptings of the Lord I don't know where things would of gone. C'est un temoigne que Dieu nous saves! (It is God I testify that saves us!). He knows what we need and when we need it! As you said Dad I would of preferred him to come home early as well but he was supposed to come home that day and I will be forever grateful for that. This example and many others that I have experienced here on my mission so far just shows that our Lord loves us..it's cool!!
Le Français continue a progesse. I am feeling more and more comfortable with it every day. Something that has really helped me to learn the language really well is lire mon Livre De Mormon (I read the Book of Mormon). As I have read Le Livre De Mormon I can see that my understanding of French has become better. Weird how the Book of Mormon can even help with learning a language huh!? It's cool I can finally understand the things I am reading and it's super gratifying. I'm super excited to see how things go in Montréal. I know it'll be a huge struggle at first mais avec la foi en Christ il bénissez moi! (but with faith in Christ he will bless me!)
As you guys go about this week I really challenge you all to read and ponder the words in Alma 18. The ultimate chapter on how we should ALL teach. Yes that includes you guys as well! Haha this chapter has really helped me learn how to become a more effective teacher and influence in the lives of others. Continue to visit the Temple weekly. I am pretty jealous of y'all as I don't have the opportunity to go as frequently.
Know that I am extremely HAPPY right now!! I am doing well and working hard. As this is my last week I have made it a goal to finish strong. This is the 4th quarter of my MTC experience and I know this is where the game will be won. Its full force ahead as I prepare for my arrival in Canada. God and Jesus Christ don't want their servants to be half-hearted. They expect our all in everything we do. Like you said Dad EVERY DAY IS GAMEDAY..STRAP IT UP FAMILY!
Je prier pour toute vous chaque jour! J'espoir vous toute sont un bon semaine! (I pray for you all every day! I hope you all have a good week!). I can't wait to hear from you guys on Tuesday it will be so good to hear all of your voices!
Avec tout mon amour! (with all my love!)
Amour, Elder Gautavai!





No comments:
Post a Comment