Q1. Wow that weather is crazy haha..we just got 4 inches of snow today too…70 degrees one day the next snow haha…are you ok in the house, blanket wise?
A1. Yeah its been a crazy winter here for sure. Oh yeah im doing good i usually just sleep with a hoodie and my thermals on so that keeps me really warm.
Q2. What is your p-day routine like?
A2.Usually..we do our 3 hour studies block, then we do emails and laundry then we go shopping. The rest of our day is just free to do whatever we feel like doing.
Q3. Glad you were able to attend the temple. What a blessing. How far is the temple/Montreal from your area?
A3. Yeah the temple was really cool it was nice to be able to attend. I love going to the temple and being directly in the presence of the Lord. No, I am about 2 hours away from the Montreal temple but its closing down for renovation in June and won't open until September of 2015. The Montreal temple is tiny it's crazy how small it is.
Q4. How are Mike Rudger and the Keen family doing? We’ll keep them in our prayers? Anyone else we can pray for?
A4. The Keen's are doing well. Its been hard to meet with Mike but we are still trying to keep contact with him.
Bonjour Famillie!
Good to hear from you guys!
So this was a tough but really rewarding week for us. It always seemed like our plans were always falling through..people kept coming up with weird excuses of why they couldn't meet. And so it would always throw our schedule off and we would be stuck with literally nothing to do. It was cool though it always seemed like at these moments the Lord would provide us with something that we could do. For example our lesson had gotten canceled and we were stuck but we decided we needed to go visit a family we have been working with but they lived in a different city where we weren't currently at the time. We decided to go over there anyways and when we knocked there was no answer but as we were walking back to the car they pulled in the driveway.
They let us in and we were able to have a really good talk with them. At this time one of the kids was going crazy and the Dad was really stressed out and had been the whole day apparently. We asked if we could close with a prayer and they agreed. Right after the prayer the Dad who is not interested in the Church said "it's weird how you two would randomly show up on a day where I'm stressed and immediately when you show up all the stress is gone." It was super cool!
Just goes to show how much the Lord is really helping us if we have faith in Him and just trust Him that He knows whats He's doing.
Also in this mission we are to work heavily with the members in gaining referrals. So we decided to schedule a meeting with a member family in the ward and while we were there they referred us to their neighbors. So we went by and guess what....??? THEY ARE SAMOANS!!!! How crazy is that?? Samoans in Canada?? "I wuz kant belief it?!" hahahah. I can't tell you how happy I was. It was so cool we connected..it was crazy. He lived in American Samoa and moved to NZ then came up to Canada because he is a Pastor at a church. He was really nice he looks exactly like Jason Kaufusi. He invited us over for dinner..I cant wait.
This week has been a good one. Thank you for sharing your newsletter article I see you're still doing good with your photoshop stuff haha.
Well family I'm doing good. I have really learned the importance of family and I can say I am truly blessed to have the amazing family I have. I love you all and hope you are all doing well. STRAP IT UP!
Avec tout mon amour!
Elder Gautavai
No comments:
Post a Comment