Monday, March 17, 2014

The Cold Can't Stop The Hastening of The Work

Weekly questions from home for the elder, his response in today's email.

Q1. Is the weather still snowy, cold or both?
A1. Yes its still freezing here its been -14 to -19 degrees every day with a killer wind chill making it around -30 and snow is still forecasted! Haha its been the coldest and longest winter in 20 years. We have to layer up, thermo's, jackets, sweaters, extra layers to stay warm.


Q2. You mentioned you are staying with members? Is it a basement/apartment..do you do your own cooking/laundry?
A2. It's a little apartment extension right off of their house. They are super nice and the apartment is also really nice too. We do some cooking but honestly the ward feeds us so much so we don't have to cook very often. We have dinner appointments at least 4 times a week. Laundry is done at our Ward Mission leaders home.
Q3. How’s your finding and teaching?
A3. Right now it's going pretty good we have about 200 less actives so the focus is really to try and reactive them so it's cool. We have made some good progress this week.
Q4. Do you need anything at this time?
A4. No not really but maybe just a few snacks or something when you can get to it..not an immediate need.
Q5. Who or what can we can add to our prayers this week?
A5. Please pray for the people in Fallowfield, thanks!

Bonjour Famille!

Great to hear from you and read about the good week that you all had.



Things are going well here in Fallowfield. This has been a really good week!! After last Monday things really seemed to pick up a bunch. I have really grown to love this ward and the area. This ward is really missionary-work-motivated. Each family has a specific day where they fast in behalf of the work and in having missionary opportunities and experiences. We are really trying to stress the importance of working with the members of the ward. The thing I really love about this ward is that they all want to come out teaching with us which is nice. As missionaries we are here to assist the ward in their missionary work. Not the ward helping us with our missionary work if that makes sense to you.

This week I had the opportunity to go on a split up to a town called Petawawa it's a military base it was a super cool experience. While up there I met a man who has been less active and hasn't really had good conversations with any of the missionaries previously..he described them as maybe like 5 min. conversations. But as we talked I found out that he served a mission in the Hawaii Honolulu mission...LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?? We talked for about 20 minutes just about his mission and Hawaii. He served a lot of his mission on the Big Island and knows a ton about Waipio. It was so cool as we really connected!! It was a huge testimony builder for me!

Also this week we have had a lot of good contact with the less actives and have had good lessons where we really felt the spirit strong..its been so sweet! 

This Saturday we have mission conference with Elder Neil A. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I am so looking forward to this!!

Famille continue to act in faith. I too have great faith that the Lord will bless us as we continue to exercise and act in faith for Him. Though challenges can be difficult, it will all be better as president Gordon B. Hinckley testified. It reminds me of a lady we are working with. She is extremely bitter because she has gone through so much but something I shared with her is Alma 36:27. This scripture is huge!
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."
I love you all and know that I am where I'm supposed to BE! Know that I'm doing great and that we work hard and stay busy! I miss you all like crazy but know that our reunion will be sweet. I pray for each of you and hope you all have a good week! Strap it Up Gautavai Famille!

Love you with all my heart!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment