Monday, April 21, 2014

À Cause de Lui Miracles Happen

S1. Thanks for the wonderful pictures, you look great..keep sending em :)
S2. We are dying to try poutine..we’re still tracking down the truck in SLC haha..
Q3. Let us know if you need anything from here.
A3. No but I just found out you can send letters to my apartment so ill give you it so its easier to send talks and ward newsletters.
Q4. Thanks for the names to pray on we have them on our notepad and include them on our nightly prayers…anyone else?
A4. This one is probably the most important person you could keep in your prayers. I'll fill ya in but his name is John L. pretty big miracle here!

Bonjour Famille!



I'm sorry to hear about Pres. Lake that is a good man who I admire deeply! Please send him my regards and let him know I am praying for him! Yes I love Pres. Patrick such a warm and loving man who I am very grateful I have the opportunity to work and serve with. I can seriously feel his love for me everytime I see him. I'm truly grateful for Pres. Lake and Patrick both men literally SAVED my life! And helped me realize the bigger picture.




Well this was truly an amazing week here in Canada. After district meeting we hit up a sushi buffet spot, man I was going crazy haha it was nice to eat sushi again. Also I went on an exchange to a little town called Renfrew about an hour north of Fallowfield.

We truly had a HUGE miracle this week. The work here has been really challenging in finding new investigators to teach. We have been really working hard in finding with little success. This past Sunday we decided to fast for the Lord's help in assisting us in finding new people to teach..and BOOM it happened!!!

Friday we were going to meet a man whom the sister missionaries were passing off to us who lives in an Assisted living center. This facility is in our area however we had not visited it before. As we waited for the man to meet with us in the lobby, another man approached us and said "I recognize you, you're the Mormons" and he invited us to come to his room after our meeting with the man we were originally there to see.

We searched the building all over for the man the sisters referred us to but we couldn't find him anywhere and decided to go and visit the man who approached  us in the lobby area when we arrived. We found out his name is John. He invited us in to his room. It was amazing!!

John had taken the lessons 12 years ago and said he knew the Church was true and was about to get baptized but couldn't overcome smoking. He then became a huge drug addict and almost died from it. Ever since his near death experience he has been trying to find God again but couldn't find the truth from all the other religions and was waiting for the truth to come to him.

We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and said we'd come back to teach him some more. The next day he called and told us he had read 20 chapters and had prayed and he said "I know this book is true!". We immediately went over to his place and he committed to be baptized!!!! He said I know this is true and it's what I want to do. He is very committed..he has lowered his smoking from 40 cigarettes to 10 and is continuing to lower it still. He even wants to buy a suit to wear!

So he is scheduled to be baptized on June 1st and is really excited. Keep praying for him though he really needs help to overcome the cigarettes I know he can do it with the Lord's help. We are meeting with him again tonight.

He kept saying how much of a miracle it was that we met each other and I can definitely say it was the workings of the Lord and that earnest prayer and fasting really does work..it's amazing! Really cool experience ayy!

Well it was a wonderful Easter out here we had a very good Sacrament service and a huge feast at a members home afterwards. I'm grateful I can experience Easter in the mission field and be a witness of Jesus Christ.

Je suis tre reconnisant pour l'expiation de Jesus-Christ! Est pour l'ocassion j'ai changer ma vie!

I love you all and hope you have a good week. Keep pushing forward my great family!

Love Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment