Monday, April 28, 2014

Appele a Servir!

Bonjour Mama est Papa est Kelee!


the Potter's dog
That's really awesome you guys were able to have a Stake conference with Elder Neil L. Andersen! Pretty neat how he was up here just last month speaking to me and than now he was speaking to you guys as well. Sounds like it was a pretty powerful message est oui Elder Andersen peut parler francais! During our conference with him he spoke a lot in French. It was pretty funny we were singing Called to Serve as our intermediate hymn and we were singing en Anglais then Elder Anderson stopped us and said we need to sing Appele a Servir (Called to Serve) so we started singing it in French haha.

Wow that's pretty powerful that Luker gave a talk. He has really come a long way. I give him a ton of credit he will be a good warrior for the Lord in Thailand. That's something that I really have realized I am so blessed with amazing friends who always influenced me to do good.


on splits with Elder Gheng
Well its been another good week out here in Fallowfield. Sunday I went to a different ward in our stake. We split with the Chinese elders because they had an investigator who came to our ward so we had to do an emergency split. So I spent Sunday in a different ward with a Chinese elder. It was cool to be with him for the day and to hear him speak Chinese. That's something awesome about this mission we have missionaries speaking English, French, Spanish, and Chinese!

We were able to meet with a wonderful sister who had become really distant from the church. It was a super powerful lesson. She has been really open with us ever since we arrived. It's pretty cool because she and I have a really good relationship and trust with each other. She knows that we do really care for her and that really helped to soften her heart a bit. She was telling us that the reason why she doesn't come out is because in the past she has been hurt by "corrupt people" in the Church. I really tried hard to tell her that we are all mortals and we all make mistakes in life but the one thing that will always be pure no matter what is the gospel and its doctrine. No one can make the gospel corrupt. We encouraged her by reaffirming that it's not the Church and the principles that are "corrupt", rather imperfect people who are trying to do their best but make mistakes. That's why we need the restored gospel and the atonement in our lives to overcome our fallen nature. She then started to soften and understand.

Out of nowhere (or at least from an impression by the spirit) I told her to read Helaman 5:12 in the Book of Mormon. I don't know why but I just felt like she needed to read it. As she was reading she began to choke up and huge tears started rushing down she got up and ran to the bathroom. Then came back and was still crying. The spirit was so strong and she said after that she hasn't felt the spirit like that in a while.

It was a huge miracle!


Oh and I almost forgot...

Canada is filled with people from literally every country in the world. I have met people of many different races. This week a Romanian lady in the ward cooked us a nice meal. She made us some Lamb soup haha can you believe I ate lamb? She also made a chicken pie which is a Romanian delicacy and it was very unique haha. It's super cool that I can say I've eaten Romanian food. You gotta love the diversity up here ay?

Well I love you all and thank you for your continued support. I know at times life may be hard but through the gospel life can be made bareable. Je sais que cette evangile est vray et est en grande benedictions en nos vie. Si vous vivre selon le principe de l'evangile nous pouvon etre heureux! Take a listen in French

Beacoup de amour!

Elder Gautavai

P.S. I will be SKYPE'ing home for Mothers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment