Q1. We hope you received your box last Thursday (per your note) and more so that it brought some happiness to your day :) We hope you enjoy it..we are working on the next. Knowing when you have your conferences will help us time it just right to avoid the unnecessary delays from the office.
A1. Yes I finally received the care package and oh man it is so good. I love it! The ling-hi mui gummy bears are to die for haha. Zone meetings are usually every month during the first week of the month. So it would be best to send stuff before the first week of each month.
Q2. Did you get a chance to see elder Rock again?
A2. Yeah I saw Elder Rock on Thursday at Zone Training. I love seeing him we always have a good time.
Q3. Your DL sounds pretty cool..so he speaks french (Polynesian variety from Tahiti)? What’s his name?
A3. Yeah our DL is too cool. It's nice to have another poly with me. Yup he speaks French. Tahiti is a French colony and everyone there speaks both Tahitian and French. His name is Sinjoux.
Q4. Agi and I are working on your camera…we hope to have that to you shortly..sorry again for the delays. We miss having pictures to see you see by :)
Q5. Do you need anything at this time?
A5. Nope not at the moment I am good!
Q6. Who are what can we add our faith and prayers to this week for you?
A6. Umm you can add J.!
Bonjour Famillie!
Wow already Monday time flies does it not?!..can't believe it! Sounds like despite the heat you all are doing well. Man too proud of Kelee! he is such a baller! Yeah I really want him to compete at conditioning he has no excuse to be in the middle of the pack anymore..he's a seasoned vet now!
This has been a pretty good week! We did a lot of service this week and I can say at the end of the week my body was completely exhausted. We did service on Tuesday with Elder Sinjoux and Elder Gutierrez who are in our district down in Trois-Riviere. It was funny the place where we were helping the lady move was an apartment complex and she was on the bottom level and the level above her had a balcony and my comp decided to jump up and start doing pull ups right in front of everyone and me and Elder Sinjoux just started busting out laughing and kept saying man palagi's haha good time.
Probably the service this week that really hit me was on Friday. We spent the whole day helping this family in our branch move. They are recent converts for about a year now and have really struggled in their personal life with divorce and what not. The husband has been unemployed for quite some time and hasn't had much luck finding a job and has been really stressed out. On Friday they were told they had to leave their house because they couldn't pay for it anymore. It was super sad to be there and see the stress and the tough emotions that they were going through as he kept calling people to see if he could get a job interview and housing figured out. It really opened my eyes to have lucky I have it..and how truly blessed I am to have the family I do!
Despite life's challenges I'm grateful for the example you guys show me of faith and how strong and embedded we are in the gospel. I saw first hand how difficult things are and it led me back to a scripture in the book of Mormon:
Alma 31:38 (I only have my french book of Mormon so it will be in french)
"Et le Seigneur pourvut a leurs besoins, afin qu'ils n'eussent pas faim et qu'ils n'eussent pas soif; oui il luer donna aussi de la force afin qu'ils ne souffrissent aucune sorte d'afflictions sans qu'elle ne fut engloutie dans la joie du Christ. Or, cela se fit selon la prière d'Alma et cela parce qu'il avait prie avec foi!"
I know this scripture is true we have definitely been blessed by the Savior to always have food and shelter even in really tough afflictions. It also helps when you have faithful leaders of the home who constantly pray and have faith for good things to come! I'm so grateful for the family I have and the faith we have to continue moving forward. Grateful to God for always blessings us as well.
Well I love you all very much and I'm so grateful for all you do for me. We continue to climb despite challenges to help us learn and grow and become more than we are. I hope you all have a good week. Much love from Quebec.
Je vous prie chaque jour et toujour!
Avec tout mon amour!
Beacoup de amour!
Elder Gautavai
No comments:
Post a Comment