Monday, July 14, 2014

Nous recevoir l'aide de l'autre côté du voile

"We Receive Help From The Other Side Of The Veil."

Weekly questions from home. The elder's response in his return email today.

Q1. Thanks for the great report on the numerous service opportunities you have. Keep in mind those are teaching/teachable moments. It’s the Gospel in action. Do you seek them out or do they find you?
A1. Many are with members of our Branch. But every Thursday we go to a DI type store and do service for them.
Q2. Who is J? what’s his story?
A2. He is an investigator we have. He is really tough to get a hold of but he wants to get baptized.
Q3. Are you still in a car (area)?
A3. Yeah i still have a car.
Q4. Do you need anything?
A4. Nope.


Elder Sinjoux from Tahiti

Bonjour Famillie!


I can't believe it's already another Monday. Time flies! Thank you for your update, good to hear everything is good back at home.






Well this was a good week despite some challenges! I can testify that member involved missionary work is the key to success. We do a lot of knocking in this area with not much success. Member partnership is seriously the best thing to move the work forward! We knocked on doors on a street for an hour and in that time we only made one contact.

This week I had a really cool experience happen that tells me without a doubt someone is watching over me.

So we have this famillie in our Branch who have 10 kids. The youngest, a little 9 year old boy who has lots of energy haha. When I first arrived into this area I could sense he didn't like me too much. He would often ignore me and just throw stuff at me even staining one of my white shirts haha. He wouldn't speak english to me preferring to speak only in French (which is a blessing). Long-story-short, we didn't get off to a good start in our relationship haha.




Despite this little boy not having the best of feelings toward me, I decided that every time I would see him I would make an effort to go out of my way to say bonjour and just ask him how his day was; to just have a nice conversation with him and play with him no matter what. I would also speak French with him as much as possible. Gradually, through the weeks things started to change, so much in fact now everytime he sees me he runs up to me and gives me a big hug and always wants me to play with him and to see what he is doing. With our branch activity on Saturday there was a little swimming spot and he kept begging me to go with him but unfortunately mission rules say we cant go swimming. He even speaks English to me now. haha Yesterday we went over to their house and he shared his snacks with me as we were leaving the home. He said do you have to leave??

This might not seem like a big deal, but to me it means the world. To have this confirmation of bringing light to others helps me move forward and continue my climb. My spirits are lifted in turn as I can feel my Savior's love for me and others even in this small way. It proves that we can be a ray of light to any and all if we will humble ourselves and allow the spirit to work in us to bring about good.

Here's the big BOMB! His name is WILLIAM! How crazy is that?? I have no doubt that little cousin William (William Kapano Tavita) has his hand in this blessing for me. It didn't click until yesterday. I have absolutely no doubt that little William (WKT) and all mi famillie beyond the veil is watching over me and blessing my life.

Famillie I hope you all take time to think about those who have gone before us and continually pay attention to and recognize their help in our lives. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Avec amour!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment