Monday, July 13, 2015

God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It!!!

Weekly questions for the elder from home. His response received in his email today:

Q1. Well it’s good to know you will get to experience a new area, and more of the mission. Tell us about your new area some..how’s your living quarters? Are you still on foot? How’s the ward?
A1. We live in a big apartment with another set of missionaries so its fun..Also Elder Canovas lives down the street so I see him often so fun! Nope I'm driving the car around it's a big area. The ward is really good about 120 people come to church so its been a big shock..not used to the big numbers not since Fallowfield Ottawa.
Send pictures when you can of your new area, companion, apartment, etc..Dad had a chance to speak with 2 former MTL’ers, Ben Cahoon and Dan Prawitt who both speak highly of the South Shore and Greenfield park ward. Ben said the church is more established there. Dan also said it is a good area. He said he spent 7 months in a english family ward in MTL and was excited to hear about your various areas. He said maybe you’ll get to serve in Quebec city which he really liked. He’s amazed how quickly the mission has gone, he remembers going to lunch with you and Rich well before you left for the MTC.
Q2. Did you take all your goodies with you? 
A2. Yes i took it all..Chris Morales helped me move everything!
Q3. We see where your brothers Elder Jules and Elder Yan returned home with honor. You’re getting to be an old-timer yourself haha..they both reached out to Dad via social media. Before you know it.
A3. Yeah it was really sad to see those two leave honestly they are brothers now I love those guys so much!
Q4. Are you in need of anything at this time?
A4. If you could send another BYU shirt i wanna give my comp a shirt!
Q5. Who can we add to our prayers this week for you?
A5. Laura!

Bonjour Famille!



Thanks for the letter! Can't believe another week is here! Things are definitely heating up out here in Montreal and the humidity is rising for sure. Great to hear about Mekelee's camps and success!





The change has been good so far. I am really loving Greenfield Park! It's a great ward that is really missionary motivated. Its been really crazy transitioning from teaching the young people for so long to now teaching older folks and families. Haha yesterday at Church I forgotten how loud Sacrament meetings can be at time. We even had to help out in the primary yesterday so it was different for me being in YSA for the past 10 months. Our area is pretty big. We have a car so that's nice. Oh and that was weird too, being in a car and driving it after spending so much time on the metros and buses, walking around. This ward is filled with a lot of seniors. It's nice out here in the South Shore. I like it because it's not in the middle of nowhere and still has things happening haha.




My companion is an absolute Beast!! I love being with Elder Hattaway we are having so much fun working together haha. Seriously we are so similar growing up with the same interest and climbing similar paths to leading us to where we are today. We love sharing our football stories..it's beast. We are even trying to go visit a Crossfit gym on a P-day. Also it's fun listening to him talk about Georgia. He is from Macon not sure if Cam knows where that is. Really though I love Elder Hattaway and we are having a great time together. I hope he will be my last companion haha!!



So Saturday we went and gave blood. It was my first time ever so I was super nervous but it turned out great. Didn't pass out haha. A really super cool experience..so we are teaching a man who is real elderly and is deaf and can't speak. We went by and we were able to teach him by writing down the lesson on a board and showing him. It was so awesome and the spirit was so strong probably one of most memorable moments I've had. I left that lesson feeling so good afterwards haha. It really touched me how you don't need to talk to feel the spirit really cool..the spirit works in mysterious ways.

Well family we had a great discussion in Ward Council on how we can help the members prepare for the ordinance of the Sacrament. And we all came to the conclusion that it all starts with our own understanding of why the Sacrament is so important. Do we really understand what we are doing each Sunday during Sacrament?? Really made me think and always remember the significance of it!

Things are awesome I've really felt a new motivation during the past week working here with Elder Hattaway in Greenfield Park.

I have another story I'd like to leave with y'all.

So Chris Morales text me yesterday telling me that there is a returning member that I had been working with since September 2014 but he hadn't come to church since last February. Well all of the sudden he showed up to Church and even FHE and Institute. We had been working hard with him to the point where yesterday he was called as a Branch Missionary in the YSA. Man it was cool to hear that.

Love you guys so much!

Avec Amour!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment