Q1. Thanks for the pictures..we had a good smile at your ‘Powerade’ photo..we thought besides the sale, the blessing of having a car haha (harder to do on foot or using the metro)…hopefully you got sweet deal.
A1. Yes it definitely was a blessing having a car..also helps having a comp who loves Powerade just as much as me haha..It was only $1 a bottle which up here is a steal haha..so we bought 48.
Q2. Are you closer to the temple in South Shore vs MTL (the island)? I picture it as more suburban than city?
A2. Oh yes the temple is about 2 minutes away from our apartment! We actually went there the other day I'll send some pics! It was weird though because the last time I was at the temple was my very 1st transfer here in Canada..Now fast forward to now it's crazy how time has flown!
Q3. Hopefully you had a great week of teaching and ministry with your contacts and investigator.
A3. Slow but effective.
Q4. Are you in need of anything at the moment?
A4. I know your sending those shirts if you haven't yet some more Layright pomade would be great!
Q5. Who or what can we add to our prayers this week for you?
A5. Laura!!
Bonjour Famille!
Canada Montreal Quebec Temple currently under renovation will be rededicated Nov. 22, 2015
Wow it's already pretty much August sheesh time flies so fast! Yes it was super cool to meet up with Shane and feel of the warm poly spirit haha it was funny he was saying words like "Sa-Sa" and other Samoan words that I grew up with haha. We were able to meet up with him later in the day and he treated us to some lunch it was cool! Just more proof that the Lord is watching over all of us!
Elder Hattaway is too great. He actually hits his year mark next week. No he graduated 2012 and did 2 years of college before coming out. We seriously have such similar stories it's cool. Pretty funny he remembers watching a video of Cam and Elder Steele at the Book of Mormon musical in ATL..He also is really close with Cam's comp Elder Steele.
Awesome to hear about Kelee and Football man I'm really excited for the season to start and to hear about his successes! How is it looking to earn that starting spot?? Hard work pays off. It's amazing to think Kelee is already at the stage of High School ball and I can definitely say he is so much farther than I was. Haha I had to laugh pretty good at your story of sneaking in Pizza to the MTC that's too funny.
Man that's so cool Dax stopped by on Saturday! Gosh I really love that guy and likewise he is my brother! Really though if it wasn't for Dax I can honestly say i wouldn't be a missionary today. I really look forward to being with him again. We have written pretty much every week since he left and still continue to write even today haha. That would be cool if Jake could get into BYU I could see him as maybe playing that blocking full back like a Iona Pritchard. Should be interesting!
Well this week was a good one. We had a great lesson with Laura on the Gospel of Christ. She is from Mexico and is super prepared. She is a referral from our Bishop's wife. Our Bishop who is from Colombia came with us and it was so great. His testimony and his real life experiences of the gospel and how it's changed his life was so powerful. He even invited her over to his house on Saturday to watch a Joseph Smith movie! Laura is close but is still hesitant to accept baptism, but again we believe she is close!
Yesterday I was unexpectedly invited to speak in church..haha it was good though. I was a bit surprised as right before the meeting started I was notified that the other Sacrament meeting speaker wasn't going to make it so I was asked to fill the remaining time..Haha it was a little on the spot but it turned out to be really good. I pretty much just introduced myself to the ward. Then I talked about the atonement. In Preach My Gospel it talks about how as our understanding and application of the atonement of Jesus Christ deepens, our desire to share the gospel will increase as well. I shared the story of Alma the younger and how after his personal experience with the atonement, all he wanted to do was to share the gospel. I also shared a real life example of my bro. Jordan Morales and of his journey back causing a strong desire to share the gospel..it was great!!
I can definitely testify that as we come to understand and apply the atonement in our lives our desire to share the message of the restored gospel will increase. I've seen it first hand in my life. Before the mission I was a lazy member not really taking things serious. But being out here has really opened my eyes to the atonement and I've gained a great desire to share this message!
Well love y'all so much! Miss y'all too!
Avec Amour!
Elder Gautavai




No comments:
Post a Comment