Weekly questions from home for the elder. His response received in his return email today.
Q1. Thanks for the photos..what happened with the elder’s hand in a couple of pics? Is he part of the group you live with?
A1. He cut it moving a fridge..Spent 6 hours at the Hospital haha..Yes he lives with us!
Q2. How long has elder Hathaway been in the area?
A2. This is his 3rd transfer here in Greenfield Park.
Q3. Thanks for the update on Laura..that is too cool about being able to work with the bishop..hopefully she continues to gain a testimony of the gospel and book of Mormon and seek the blessings that come through the waters of baptism and membership in the church and kingdom of God on earth.
Q4. Besides the items you requested..are you in need of anything at the moment?
A4. No that's it for now.
Q5. We got Laura, anyone or anything else we can pray with you this week?
A5. Penelope (Laura's daughter).
Bonjour Famille!
It's really crazy it's already August?!..Elder Hattaway and I have been really amazed at how fast it has come..We are both really excited as we know this time of year always goes fast for us. With the start of football season! I am really excited for the football updates haha!
Well ill keep it brief this week! I had a really cool experience this week as I was pondering about my mission up to this point. As I was reflecting I remembered my very first transfer out here when we had our Mission Conference and Elder Neil A. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and told all us missionaries to make sure you're always testifying of Christ and making sure He is the main thing. We had a Correlation meeting with our Ward Mission Leader this past week and it was brought up that one of the investigators the other team is working with doesn't want to come to church because she doesn't feel like we were making Christ a big priority in our meetings. Our Ward Mission Leader shared how sometimes in the Church with our meetings and talks we tend to go away from Christ. I thought about this a lot and I really realized that everything we do/talk needs to relate back to Christ. Whether its about Food Storage, Family History, Church ball or whatever it is. Because everything we do is aimed at helping people become closer to Christ because He has made all things possible.
It really brought me back to what Coach Mendenhall always talked about how BYU football is just a way for us to help people come closer to Christ and that through football we share the gospel. It really clicked for me this week it was cool!
Well things are great really enjoying it out here in Greenfield Park!
Miss and love you guys so much! Have a great week!
Avec Amour!
Elder Gautavai
P.S. Could you share some more of your mission stories in every letter from here on out! I wanna hear about your stories!



No comments:
Post a Comment