Monday, January 26, 2015

Les Miracles continuent à Montréal

Weekly questions from home for the elder. His response follows in his return email received today.

Q1. We see it’s really cold in the NE and probably in the MTL/Ottawa/Quebec region..thank goodness for underground Metro transportation. Do you guys ever ride in cars to get around like with members?
A1. Yeah things are cold but it hasn't been as bad as the weather down in the states..Yeah we ride with members sometimes but mostly just the metro and bus systems.
Q2. How is your new companion? Tell us about him (name, where is he from?, etc.)
A2. My new comp, as in new from the MTC is Elder Canovas from Spain. He grew up in France but has been living in Barcelona for the past 4 years. He speaks very little english, so I have been working on that with him. He was a little disappointed to have gotten called to serve english but he will be alright.
Q3. How are your new and old investigators coming along?
A3. Investigators are coming along super well!!
Q4. Are you in need of anything at this time?
A4. No I don't need any thing at this time.
Q5. Who and/or what can we pray for this week?
A5. E., D., M., K. all have baptismal dates for February!

Bonjour Famille!



Well this week was a super good week for us here in the YSA. It was very sad to have to say goodbye to my good friend Elder Lucas. I have a lot of love for that man and consider him like my own brother we definitely had such a good time together and I'm truly grateful I had the opportunity to serve with him. I miss the guy already hahaha.


Well so pretty cool we were able to have 4 people accept the invitation to be baptized which is super sweet! I've never had that many at one time! 

E. has been learning about the church for about a year now and has been reading the Book of Mormon and has really felt that it's the word of God. E. believes now is the time for her to be baptized she acctually approached us wanting to be baptised. Her brother is a recent convert in our branch that I believe has helped her on her path as well. She is scheduled for the 14th of February!

D. is super cool. He actually grew up being around the church and is from the states. He is also a QB playing at the local university so its been so fun to be able to teach him and also talk football. He even went to a few Utah Camp's haha. He already has a testimony of the gospel so we are just reviewing things with him. He is scheduled to be baptized on the 28th of February. Also we are going to do some skelly with each other and I might be able to just play some pickup work with the guys at the university, should be fun!

M. is a member referral who came to us because she wanted to learn about the gospel. She is very religious and is really receiving these things well. She is very energetic and fun to work with. She came to a baptism the other week and really felt the spirit strong. She knows baptism is necessary to being saved so she wants to be baptized. She is scheduled for the 28th as well.

K. is a previous investigator who was about to get baptized but due to some life difficulties fell away from the missionaries but recently sought us out and now that his life is in order is ready for baptism. We will keep a close eye on him, he is scheduled for the 7th of March!

Well family I'm doing great!! I just continue to do my best. I love you all so much and pray for you guys everyday! I hope you all have a great week!

Avec Amour!

Elder Gautavai

No comments:

Post a Comment